Animal Law Enforcement
Mesa County Animal Services (MCAS) provides animal law enforcement and response for Mesa County and the City of Grand Junction. Our officers are commissioned as agents for the Department of Agriculture Bureau of Animal Protection.
Collbran, Debeque, Fruita and Palisade provide animal control services through their local law enforcement agency and should be contacted directly for response in those areas.
- MCAS has three field officers that cover over 3300 square miles. This includes all of unincorporated Mesa County and the City of Grand Junction.
- MCAS responds to animal service enforcement issues from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Mon through Fri and from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Emergency response for people or animals at immediate risk during non-response hours is available through 911.
- MCAS officers investigate cases of animal cruelty against domestic pet animals including dogs and cats. Reports of animal cruelty against other animals, such as livestock, should be referred to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
- Shelter Operationg Hours
- Monday through Friday - 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday - 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.